Easter is quickly coming so I thought that I would share with you a cute craft for young children and preschoolers … even older children will enjoy it. With just a few craft materials that are probably already around your house, you will be able to make a cute Easter Basket with your child’s own handprints. Not only will this be a fun arts and crafts activity, but it can also be a keepsake to keep forever. You will be surprised at how fast your little one’s hands grow when you look back at past crafts activities. Have fun.
Easter Basket Craft for Kids : How to Make an Easter Basket with Your Child’s Handprints
(1) Get Your Crafts Materials Out and Ready to use. You will Need:
– Tape or Glue
– Craft Foam, Colored Construction Paper, or Card Stock
– Crayons, Colored Pencils, Markers
– Other items to decorate your Easter Basket with, such as glitter, sequins, ribbons, etc.
(2) Now have your child trace his hand on the color paper or craft foam. If your child is too young to trace his hand then you can help him. Cut out paper or foam hands is many different colors.
(3) Cut out at least 8 or more paper / foam hands. You will need at least this many handprints to make your Easter Basket’s handle.
(4) Now take a brown piece of construction paper, craft foam, or cardstock and draw a basket shape like the picture above.
(5) Now cut out the Easter Basket shape and then with black marker outline where the top of the basket is (like in the picture above). Now take the scissor and cut out a hole in the middle of the basket (like in the picture above). This is where the Easter Eggs will sit.
(6) Now start laying out the handprints in a rainbow shape to form the Easter Basket’s handle.
(7) Now tape or glue the handprints in place.
(8) Cut out some Easter Egg Shapes from the construction paper, card stock, or craft foam. Now place them in the Easter basket’s hole.
(9) Now you have completed the Handprint Easter Basket Crafts Idea for Kids.
I hope that you and your children had a lot of fun making this handprint Easter basket crafts project.
Technorati Tags: Easter crafts for kids, Easter crafts, Easter Basket crafts, Handprint crafts, Easter arts and crafts, Easter arts & crafts, crafts, crafts for kids, arts and crafts, Easter crafts for children, Easter activities, Easter Activities for kids