For this craft you will learn how to turn normal paper into a fun, translucent stained glass decoration which you can hang on a window. It’s a definite eye-catcher. In this craft we will be making an Easter decoration that will look gorgeous hanging from any window. You can chose to print off the templates I have below or you can simply draw and color your own…. the choice is yours. So, grab the materials needed and let’s get started.
Check out our other Easter Crafts.
Sheet of paper
Printer, or a thick black marker
Crayons, colored pencils and/or markers
Print out the design or draw your own with a thick black marker. You can print out these templates (one cross, one egg, or a sheet with one of each).
Click on template image below to make larger and to print.
- Color the design however you see fit, make sure to use brighter colors so the light shines through when finished. Markers provide the most vibrant colors but be wary of purples and reds when only using them.
- Cut out the designs, leaving some of the black outline.
- Flip the designs around and put them face down on the newspaper. Apply oil over the entire back of each design using the cotton ball or paper towel.
- Lay the designs between two sheets of paper towel and blot and/or rub off the excess oil. Be sure to be gentle, this is only paper after all.
- Hang your new beautiful stain glass decoration outside or in a window so it can catch the sunlight.
Doesn’t this make for a beautiful Easter decoration? Any window will look beautiful with this hung up on it. Take a picture of your Stained Glass Easter Ornament and post it along with a comment in the comment section below. I would love to see how your ornament turned out.
Technorati Tags: easter crafts, kids easter crafts, easter crafts for kids, easter activities, easter paper crafts, easter paper activities, paper crafts, paper activities, paper crafts for kids, paper activities for kids, easter activities for kids, easter decorations, easter decorations for kids, easter paper decorations, easter paper decorations for kids